Rimini museums

Logo stampa
slideshow
 
  •  
 
 

Staircase

Lo Scalone
Picture by Gilberto Urbinati

The staircase, which has partly kept its original aspect, was designed in 1746 by architect Alfonso Torregiani from Bologna (1662-1764). Originally, it had only two flights of stairs. The ceiling was frescoed in 1750 with a scene portraying The triumph of Jesusí name by the local painter Giovan Battista Costa (1697-1767). The ceiling fell down due to the earthquake of 1916, therefore the staircase was prolunged until the next floor.